Wednesday, September 22, 2010

3 - Business Storytelling and Branding

The LP for the Business Storytelling and Branding class was a Turning Point story, the reason why we are in the Entertainment Industry.  My turning point story deals a lot with where I grew up and what happened in my young life.

I grew up in Gulfport, Mississippi.  A place full of rich, Southern culture.  Gulfport is only thirty minutes away from New Orleans (Go Saints!).



Seafood is a huge part of our culture (actually just food in general), so is family, and the gathering that happen when both are involved!


Two things really changed my life in my hometown.  First was the death of my father from brain cancer.  He was my guiding light.  I was a complete daddy's girl!

That's my mom and dad!

Next was Hurricane Katrina.  The most devastating natural disaster to hit the Gulf Coast since Hurricane Camille.  


These two events gave me a connection to the Coast.  It made me want to do what I could for the community and the family and friends I had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment