Wednesday, September 22, 2010

6 - Negotiation and Deal Making

The assignment for Negotiation and Deal Making was to write a paper talking about a recent instance where we used our negotiation and deal making skills.  My story was when I bought my most recent car.

When we first went on the lot the salesman wanted me get a cherry red PT Cruiser. Ew!

Not my style!

I saw an 08 Dodge Caliber that was in our price range and then I got to test drive it.

Yay!

So I was pretty much sold after the test drive, but my mom and I decided to go eat lunch and view some other vehicles at different dealerships.  After a few hours nothing else popped up so we went back to the dealership.  We worked the price down about a thousand dollars and we were good to go!

Deal making is an integral part of life, so have good negotiation skills are important.  Practice truly does make perfect in this  art.

No comments:

Post a Comment