Wednesday, September 22, 2010

5 - Global Business Strategy

I know that most of my fellow classmates will not have an assignment for this class, but I took a month leave of absence in the middle of my program for some personal time.  I was in the last group that had this class.  I must say I loved, Global Business Strategy and Kim Craft's teaching, it dearly.

The assignment for Global Business Strategy was to view a video on TED.com that related to our Business Plan and had a global aspect.  The video I watched was from Devdutt Pattanaik.  Devdutt is the Chief Belief Officer for Future Group, a business located in Mumbai, India.  A quote from my own paper best summarizes what the video was about, "He uses mythology, belief systems, and cultures to explain business tactics and basic situation in our own lives." 

Devdutt Pattanaik


This video really spoke to me, before the EBMS degree I had never met anyone from India or Pakistan or knew much about those places. Also from my GBS LP paper: "When I met Saira Mughal I never knew anything about Pakistan or India, she has provided me with insight into the culture and customs of her family. After talking to her a bit about her heritage I wanted to look up Pakistan, learn a bit of the language of Urdu, and to simply understand where she was coming from. I don’t come with preconceived prejudices, everyone is a blank slate."
Saira Mughal

No comments:

Post a Comment